The Scag® Clam-Shell Grass Catcher (GC-CS) is the perfect answer for operators that do not want to leave the mower’s seat to dump their debris. This simple-to-use catcher system allows you to dump the hopper by pulling a lever.
After the initial installation, the entire catcher assembly can be removed and reinstalled in minutes without any tools! Just pull three quick-pins, release the belt and lift it off.
A 12-bushel-capacity hopper collects debris from a blower that pulverizes the debris, reducing particle size and increasing the density inside the hopper. What does this mean to you? Shredding the debris allows you to pack from 50% to over 100% more into the same amount of space when compared to other grass catchers on the market. Simply put, you will be able to collect more debris before you have to stop and empty the hopper. That saves time and greatly increases productivity.
- Large hopper capacity - 12 bushels / 423 litres capacity
- Vertical blower design - compact, vertical blower design adds only 8.5 inches to the width of the mower - less space than the normal discharge chute!
- Huge 12" blower diameter with fan blades (4 blades total) that are 5.75" wide. It moves some serious grass, especially when compared to other systems that only have 1.5"-wide fan blades.
- All Steel blower assembly - driven by the cutter deck via a self-adjusting belt idler rather than auxiliary engine. This makes for a more compact design, less maintenance, quieter operation and less overall weight. Improved blower bearing features a super strong cast iron housing and easier greasing for long, reliable service.
- Automatic debris sweeper - this engages every time the dump lever is pulled, pushing out any stubborn debris and ensures a clean hopper.
- Convenient dump lever located on the right side of the mower for operator convenience and comfort.
- Removable metal debris screen - easily remove the debris screen for cleaning any time necessary.